- Lux Doors Corp. ("luxdoors.com," " LUX," "we," "us," or "our" as appropriate) has created the following Privacy and Security Policy to let you know what information we collect, why we collect it and to whom it may be disclosed.
- This Privacy and Security Policy applies to http://www.luxdoors.com and (the "Site").
- This Privacy and Security Policy also addresses our data security practices and the options you have to access and control personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
- Our Terms and Conditions (http://www.luxdoors.com/terms) govern this Privacy and Security Policy.
- To the extent there is a conflict between the terms of this Privacy and Security Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall govern.
- We may periodically make changes to this Privacy and Security Policy.
- It is your responsibility to review this Privacy and Security Policy frequently and remain informed about any changes to it, so we encourage you to visit this page often.
- This Privacy and Security Policy supersedes any and all previous versions.
Entering the Site constitutes your acceptance and agreement to all terms contained in this Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree with the terms set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy, please do not enter the Site.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personally Identifiable Information
- The term "personally identifiable information" means information that you voluntarily provide to us and which personally identifies you, such as your name, phone number, physical address, and any other data or information that would allow someone to personally identify you.
- To make a purchase, we require you to supply us with personally identifiable information. If you supply us with personally identifiable information, you may later access, update, and modify any inaccuracies.
- Please note, we generally keep a copy of the previous personally identifiable information for our records. If you would like to review or change your personally identifiable information, you may do so at any time by accessing your account. You may also choose not to provide personally identifiable information at the point of collection; however, you will not be able to purchase products.
- In some areas of the Site, you may have the ability to post or publish personally identifiable information. You should take care and avoid posting or publishing personally identifiable information. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- The term "non-personally identifiable information" means information that you voluntarily provide to us or which we collect electronically, but which does not personally identify you.
- To register for an account, we require you to supply us with your email address. Your email address does not personally identify you, but is a means for us to contact you. You may later access, update and modify any inaccuracies by accessing your account through the My Account link located at the top of each page.
- Please note, we generally keep a copy of your previous email address (es) for our records.
- You may also choose not to provide us with your email address; however, you will not be able to create an account or purchase products.
- Whenever you visit the Site, non-personally identifiable information, such as navigational and clickstream data is automatically collected.
- As you browse, we may install cookies (tiny text files stored on your computer, which record your preferences) in your browser. Cookies cannot harm your computer and they do not contain any personally identifiable information. You must accept cookies to shop through the Site.
- You can erase or block cookies from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this), but the Site may not work correctly or at all if you set your browser not to accept cookies.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect personally identifiable information in order to supply you with the products or services you request, process payment, communicate with you and comply with any requirements of law.
- Email and Phone Communications: You may receive email or phone calls from Lux Doors Corp. from time to time, for instance to request information regarding your account or payment, to notify you of new features, changes to the Website, to follow up on quotes, specials or promotions or to provide you with information that you request, and you hereby consent to receipt of any such email. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect non-personally identifiable information in order to operate, develop and improve the Site, their functionality and our products and services.
- We collect non-personally identifiable information in order to provide you with personalized recommendations for products advertised on or sold through the Site.
- Non-personally identifiable information is collected in the aggregate to, among other things, determine the total number of users of the Site, prepare utilization reports, diagnose and correct compatibility problems or other problems with the Site and perform statistical analyses to enable us to build a higher quality, more useful online service.
- We also collect non-personally identifiable information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various aspects of the Site. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like user preferences, popular search categories, click-through rates, what kinds of offers users like to see and in general, how to improve the functionality and relevancy of the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information
- We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to third parties.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order, and the analysis and support of your use of the Site.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to trust third parties whom we engage to process your personally identifiable information for us.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information if necessary to protect our legal rights, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, or we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the requirements of law or comply with governmental orders, court orders, or legal process served on us or (2) to protect and defend our property or other rights, the users of the Site or the public.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information with other companies and organizations for fraud and credit risk purposes.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to a financial institution and others for the purpose of jointly offering an luxdoors.com credit card or luxdoors.com credit offer.
- We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make you aware of the disclosure of your personally identifiable information contrary to the terms set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy - if, for example, we discover a security breach. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We do not sell or rent non-personally identifiable information to third parties.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order, and the analysis and support of your use of the Site.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to trusted third parties whom we have engaged to process non-personally identifiable information for us
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information, if necessary, to protect our legal rights, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, or we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the requirements of law or comply with governmental orders, court orders, or legal process served on us, or (2) to protect and defend our property or other rights, the users of the Site, or the public.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to our affiliates and third parties in order to provide you with personalized recommendations for products advertised on or sold through the Site.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
- We may engage third party advertising companies to advertise products or services to you online. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. They may also use this technology to serve specialized or relevant advertising content and/or recommendations to you on the Site or on a third party's website.
- Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- If you would like more information about this practice and your choices, including how to opt-out please e-mail us at Info@luxdoors.com.
- Also, if you would like to opt out of LUX using cookies for interest-based advertising purposes, please e-mail us at Info@luxdoors.com.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We offer secure web pages to collect certain kinds of user information and we store certain kinds of data in encrypted form.
- We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system.
- While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
- Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and AOL's browser, with the objective that only we can read a customer's personally identifiable information.
- We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of any personally identifiable information.
LENGTH OF TIME WE KEEP INFORMATION
- We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it (for instance, for taxation or insurance purposes, or in case orders may give rise to claims).
- We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data, if needed, to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it.
- In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely/li>
THIRD PARTY WEBSITE
- The Site may contain links to third party websites.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites even if you access those using links from our Site.
- Your use of these third party websites is entirely at your own risk and we recommend that you check the privacy and security policy of each website you visit.
- Clicking on a third party link will essentially take you to a third party's website.
- We make no representation or warranty as to the effectiveness, quality, legitimacy or data protections of any third party website.
- LUX reserves the right to update or modify this Policy and any Privacy Notice, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of the Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site. These changes will only apply to the personal information we collect after we have posted the revised Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site.
- Your use of this Site following any such change constitutes your agreement that all information collected from or about you after the revised Policy is posted will be subject to the terms of the revised Policy. You may access the current version of this Policy at any time by clicking on the link marked "Privacy" at the bottom of each page of the public areas of this Site.
- This Policy was last revised on March 25, 2011 and is effective as of that date.
THIS SITE IS HOSTED ON SERVERS LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES
- Lux Doors is a United States corporation. The servers that support this Site are located in the United States. While it is in our possession, your personal information will generally be stored in LUX databases or databases maintained by our third-party service providers on servers and data storage devices located in the United States. United States data protection laws may not provide as much protection as the data protection laws in force in some other countries; however, we will process your personal information in accordance with this Policy no matter where our data is stored. If you are located in a country outside the United States, by using this Site you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
CHILD USE OF SITE
- This Website (luxdoors.com) is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. Furthermore, it is not our intention to extend promotional offers to children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Information from anyone less than 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
- This Policy shall be governed under the laws of the State of California, United States of America without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about the Site, or about the Privacy and Security Policy, please e-mail us at Info@luxdoors.com or write to us at:
Lux Doors Corp.
Attn: Customer Security Department
2746 Vail Ave.
Commerce, CA 90040
We will investigate your question, respond to your inquiry and attempt to resolve any concern regarding your privacy question.
List of Cookies we collect
- LUX DOORS SECURITY TEAM
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.