IMPORTANT NOTICE: Read this entire Lux Doors Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability ("Limited Warranty") before purchasing or installing this product. By installing or using this product you are acknowledging that this Limited Warranty is part of the terms of sale. This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
Non-glass Materials & Workmanship One-Year (1-Year) Nontransferable Limited Warranty.
LUX warrants that the non-glass components of its Wood Doors shall be free of manufacturing defects in material or workmanship that significantly impair their proper operation and function for one (1) year from the date of sale. Should the warranted wood door be found to contain defects in materials or workmanship as installed in its original door opening occurring within one (1) year from the date of sale by LUX, LUX shall, and at its sole option: 1) repair or replace: defects, material or workmanship that significantly impairs the proper operation and function or 2) refund the original purchase price. Grilles or any other alterations not installed by LUX may void this warranty. This Limited Warranty on Non-glass Components does not apply to hardware finishes.
Non-decorative and Decorative Glass One-Year (1-Year) Limited Warranty.
LUX warrants that all the glass (clear insulated and decorative insulated) shall be free from premature failure or permanent material obstruction of vision due to a failure of the glass seal for one (1) year from the date of sale by LUX. If LUX is given notice of a glass defect occurring within one (1) year of the date of sale by LUX, LUX shall, at its sole option: 1) repair or replace the defective glass or 2) refund the original purchase price.
NOTE: LUX cannot under any circumstances be responsible for installation, repainting, refinishing or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or any cost associated with the resolve of glass claims.
LUX will furnish the insulated glass only free of charge, F.O.B. the original point of delivery. Cracked or broken glass is not covered by the warranty. Decorative glass that is hand crafted may vary from one lite to another and contain variations in color, size, glass clarity and welded joints may differ. These are not defects. Tempered glass contains varying degrees of distortions. These distortions may affect view and are not considered a defect. All glass should be cleaned with mild soap & water only. All other solutions could cause damage or seal failure. Do not allow metal parts of cleaning equipment to contact glass.
Important Notes and Requirements for Your Warranty:
- NOTE: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, LUX SHALL NOT PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION, FINISHING, PAINTING, SHIPPING ETC. OF THE REPLACEMENT OF THE ORIGINAL DOOR OR FOR ANY OTHER COST RELATING TO THE REPLACEMENT OF THE DOOR/GARAGE DOOR, ALL OF THESE COSTS DESCRIBED SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM
- Doors must be installed providing protection from exposure, typically with a standard overhang extending outward a distance equal to one-half its height from the bottom of the door up to the overhang to be covered by this warranty.
- Any deterioration caused by failure to finish and seal all exposed surfaces and edges of the door within 7 days of delivery are not covered by this warranty. For continued protection, the finish needs to be maintained yearly.
- Please comply with all of the handling and finishing instructions completely to validate the warranty. The product must be hand- sanded before finishing.
- LUX is not responsible for or makes no warranty as to: Any visible defect or mistake in shipment reported to LUX Doors more than 24 hours after receipt or after the product is machined or installed.
- All doors must be finished within 48 hours of receiving the door and due to the hygroscopic nature of lumber should not be stored in an unfinished state beyond this period.
- LUX may charge a fee for on-site product inspections that will only be reimbursed to the customer if a valid claim under this warranty exists.
Important Handling, Finishing and Installation Instructions:
- Most finishes on wood doors deteriorate relatively quickly. To insure exterior doors receive the protection required, inspect the condition of exterior finish at least once a year and refinish as often as needed to maintain the protective stability of the finish.
- Wood doors shall always be shipped and stored vertically (not leaning).
- Wood Doors shall not be exposed to excessive heat, dryness, humidity or direct sunlight prior to finishing.
- Handle door with clean gloves and do not drag doors across each other or other surfaces.
- If doors are stored on the job site for more than 7 days, all exposed surfaces and edges of the door must be finished and sealed — even if stored out of the elements.
- All hardware locations, preparations and methods of installation must be appropriate for the specific door.
- Prior to finishing, remove all handling marks with 150-grit or finer sandpaper and remove all sanding dust.
- Apply sealer, primer or first coat of required finish immediately after fitting, cutting for hardware, etc., and before the installation of hardware.
- ALL EXPOSED SURFACES OF THE DOOR MUST BE SEALED, INCLUDING THE TOP, BOTTOM, SIDE EDGES AND THE HARDWARE CUTOUTS.
- NOTE: An interior-grade lacquer is NOT a satisfactory product for exterior use.
- All exterior surfaces — including the top, bottom and sides of the door — must be finish coated with a good quality exterior- grade paint or top coat. (AT LEAST 3 COATS OF EXTERIOR GRADE TOP COAT WITH A UV INHIBITOR MUST BE APPLIED.)
- In order not to induce warpage or excessive deterioration of your door, avoid using dark stains or paints on the door surfaces exposed to direct sunlight.
Conditions Applicable to All Sales and Limited Warranties
Limitation of Warranty. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LUX HANDLING, FINISHING, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS VOIDS ALL WARRANTIES UNLESS IT IS CLEARLY ESTABLISHED BY THE BUYER OR USER OF THE PRODUCT THAT THE DEFECT OR FAILURE IS UNRELATED TO SUCH NONCOMPLIANCE. These warranties do not extend to the use of Covered Products under abnormal conditions, conditions that exceed the stated performance parameters of the product as provided on the product labeling or under conditions not reasonably foreseeable to, or beyond the control of LUX. Buyer and User assume the risk of any such use. This Limited Warranty is the exclusive warranty for LUX wood door products.
NEITHER LUX NOR SELLER MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE. NO IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL EXTEND BEYOND THE PERIODS COVERED BY THIS EXPRESS LIMITED.
WARRANTY. This disclaimer of implied warranties may be limited or ineffective if you are a consumer, as that term is defined by the Magnuson Moss Act, 15 U.S.C. § 2301, in which case the duration of any implied warranties shall be one (1) years from the date of sale by LUX or its authorized dealer. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts for consumers, so the above limitation may not apply to you, in which event the manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as provided in the express warranties stated herein. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have additional rights, which vary from state to state.
THE REMEDIES FOR THE BUYER DESCRIBED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE and take the place of any other remedy. The liability of the Manufacturer, whether in contract or tort, under warranty, product liability, or otherwise, will not go beyond the Manufacturer’s obligation to repair or replace, at its option, as described above. THE MANUFACTURER WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, including (but not limited to) damage or loss of other property or equipment, personal injury, loss of profits or revenues, business or service interruptions, cost of capital cost of purchase or replacement of other goods, or claims of third parties for any of the foregoing.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so above limitation may not apply to you.
No employee, distributor, dealer, representative, or other person has the authority to modify any term or condition contained in this Limited Warranty or to grant any other warranty on behalf of or binding on the Manufacturer, and anyone’s attempt to do so will be null and void.
Limitation of Liability.
This Limited Warranty sets forth the maximum liability for our products. IN NO EVENT (INCLUDING WHERE THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS DEEMED NOT TO APPLY TO THE SALE OR PRODUCT IN QUESTION) SHALL LUX BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF ANY LUX PRODUCTS. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages for consumers, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Limitation of Remedy.
THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE BUYER OR USER, AND THE SOLE LIABILITY OF LUX AND SELLER FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF THESE PRODUCTS, SHALL BE, AT THE OPTION OF LUX, TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR THE RETURN OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF LUX OR SELLER EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
Replacement product shall be a reasonably similar current product and may not exactly match the original. Even where LUX chooses to repair or replace product within one (1) year of the date of sale, the costs covered by this warranty do not include any labor or material costs associated with finishing space surrounding or adjacent to the repaired or replaced product including furnishing any trim or other carpentry work. Replacement product provided pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be subject to the applicable LUX Product Limited Warranty only for the remainder of the original warranty period on the product being replaced. If LUX or Seller provides any of the remedies identified in the Limited Warranties above (i.e., repair, replacement of product or refund of the purchase price), then Buyer and/or User agree that this limitation of remedy shall not have failed of its essential purpose.
LUX grants this warranty only to the original purchaser of the door and the original purchaser of the building where the door was installed. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
LUX is not responsible for or makes no warranty to: Installation inconsistent with LUX Installation Instructions:
- Damage resulting in whole or in part from installation inconsistent with LUX’s Installation Instructions.
- Altered or reinstalled products.
- Combinations not built by LUX or not built in accordance with LUX’s recommendations for mulling and combining LUX products.
ADDITIONAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
LUX products labeled with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Energy Performance label are tested in accordance with NFRC standards. NFRC ratings are based on a combination of computer simulations and physical testing of product samples. For details on NFRC energy performance ratings, go to NFRC.org.
II. Entire Agreement.
With the exception of a written statement signed by an authorized LUX representative, this Limited Warranty and all terms contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between LUX/Seller and Buyer/User. This Limited Warranty, including all Limitations of Liability contained herein, are made a part of any such written agreement, unless expressly excluded therein. By purchasing or using the product covered by this Limited Warranty, Buyer and User agree that they are not relying on any oral statements made by anyone that are in any way contrary to this Limited Warranty.
III. No Amendment Except in Writing.
LUX and Seller offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Warranty, which may be modified only by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of LUX.
IV. Venue and Choice of Law
Any persons and entities that choose to enforce this warranty agree that all matters, disputes, or transactions arising from the use of this warranty shall be governed by California law and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of courts state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California. Any dispute under this agreement shall have venue in the courts of Los Angeles, CA.
If any part of this warranty is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of remaining provisions. LUX Doors Corp. may revise this warranty at any time by updating this page.
VI. CLAIMS UNDER THESE WARRANTIES
Prompt Notice of Claim.
Within the warranty period, Buyer or User shall notify LUX immediately and in no case more than one (1) year after any defect or other basis of a claim covered by these Limited Warranties is discovered or should have been discovered. Any claims otherwise covered by the foregoing warranties, but for which LUX did not receive notice within one (1) year from the time the problem first became known, shall be barred.
Additional Claims Related Issues and Policies:
- Missing Items: All missing items or incomplete deliveries must be reported within 48 hours, or (2) days from receipt of material. LUX Doors cannot be responsible for materials lost, stolen, or damaged while on site. We will reject all claims for missing items after 48 hours of receipt.
- Product Damage (not visible from outside packaging) : All product damage must be reported within 48 hours, or (2) days from receipt of material. Customer is not to stain, prep, or modify damaged product whatsoever; any modification made to a damaged item will render a claim null and void.
- Freight Damage and Handling: Any package, crate, pallet, or parcel that is visibly damaged, or the contents within appear to be damaged in freight must be marked on the bill of landing at the time the material is received and delivery from carrier is to be refused.
Limited Warranty Claim Procedure.
Claims under these Limited Warranties may be made in writing to Lux Corporation, Claims Department Lux Doors 2746 Vail Ave. Commerce, CA 90040, or by calling for service at (844) 999-2626. Claims to LUX should include the following information:
- Claimant’s name, address and phone number, and the installation address (if different);
- A description of the product, purchase price, date and location of purchase, and copies of invoices;
- A description of the product concerns (photos may be included); and
- A brief summary of attempts made to address the concerns.
- A completed LUX Doors Claim's Form
If you have any questions regarding any portion of this Warranty, or if you wish to inquire, regarding rights of use not explicitly granted herein, please direct questions via email to Info@luxdoors.com .